Sunday, August 2, 2009

Instant Facebook? Yes, with Mobile Facebook!

I wanted to share this with everyone the moment I started using it. I've been postponing it for some time. But now I think I have found some time to write about it.

Did u know u could update walls by just sending an sms? Yes, that's true. Not only that. There's a whole lot more. You get gist of a msg the moment it hits your inbox. You can reply to friends who have messaged u and did u know you don’t have to be logged into Facebook to do that? Just press the reply button on your mobile. Type your reply (yes, on your mobile) and when you have typed all u wanted to say, press the "send" button. It'll be instantly delivered to your friend's inbox and also to YOUR "sent" items. ';-)). Interesting, isn't it?

That's y I actually prefer using Facebook to Gmail (which I adore) when it comes to emailing and replying to friends. The moment you have a msg in your Facebook inbox, it's on your mobile inbox as well. This means there isn't a single moment you miss any of your friends or what they are up to. For ex. When Rohit Barker writes on his wall about his party at the BEACH, I know it the second he's hit the "publish"  button, even though I might be watching a movie or say, I am in the loo, provided I have my mobile with me.

It can be annoying with friends posting all kinds of updates about the games they play and links they post, isn't it? Don't worry. I am using it for a week now; I get wall updates, but not about games u play or links u post to your wall. Besides, u can choose who u want to be notified about. If you do not want know what a friend or a group is doing, u can unsubscribe from the mobile Facebook for that particular friend/group only. You’ll still be notified about everyone else.

What's more, you can post to your wall anytime, just anytime at all. All you need to do is take your mobile, type what you have in your mind as a text MSG and send it to the number +91 92FACEBOOK. What that number is? I'll tell u. Rather, follow this link: (https://register.facebook.com/mobile/).

You can add more than one number. That means, if you are a regular roamer and have multiple number for different states, u can post and be updated no matter where you are!

All that costs you to register is an SMS. And the maximum an sms can cost is Rs. 1.50 (within India). And u r in touch with friends 24/7. Literally!!!. Is that not sooooo damn cool?

There must be a lot of u who're already using it. Tell me if u love it like I do.

And, don't forget to post it to friends who love cool stuff like this. "It's my Friendship Day MSG to you"

1 comment:

Joyson said...

Is anyone else using this? It's getting better by the day. It is FANtastic!!!